Who: Fall Elementary School Team (K-5th Grade)
What: Fall Elementary School Team's End of Season Social
When: Friday, November 16, from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Where: Chelsea Piers Squash Area
Schedule: See Below
5:00-6:00 Up and Down Matches
Families are invited to watch players participate in up and down matches across 8 courts (courts 1-4 and 8-11). There will be 2 coaches instructing players between matches. Coaches will also be available to answer any questions you might have about your child's progres.
6:15 Team Photo
Please wear your black Darien squash uniform shirt. We will meet in front of the outside glass of Court #1. Don't be late!
6:30-7:00 Team Dinner
Bring your own beverage! A casual buffet style dinner will be served (no charge). Dinner will include: cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, chicken tenders, penne pasta with butter and marinara, and platters of cookies and brownies. Beverages and additional food options can be purchased in the All Star Cafe or upstairs in the All Star Restaurant.
The Darien elementary school squash team breaks for the winter. If you would like to continue playing, a list of Squash Programs are available on DarienSquash.com. Chelsea Piers Squash offers a Beginner Track clinic that might be a good fit for most of our most players. [ Learn More ]
Spring registration for the Darien elementary school squash team opens in January. The spring orientation meeting will be held in February, adn the season will begin in March and end in June. Please refer to the the Elementary School section on DarienSquash.com for the most up-to-date information.
If you have any questions please email us at
Rebecca Ashcraft, Chris Mitrano, and Katie Van Duyne
Darien Youth Squash Managers
- Participants are initially paired at random.
- 8-minute timed rounds are played on a rotational basis. Listen for the whistle.
- Only one serve is allowed, however, if the first serve isn’t good they get a second try.
- Players play as many points as they can in the 8-minutes.
- No advantage scoring.
- If there is a tied, it’s a sudden death point.
- The receiver chooses which side to take the serve on.
- Play lets.
- Changing partners. At the end of each round losers moves down a court, winners move up a court. If there is a 3rd player that person reamains on the same court.
Volunteer - Calling all DHS Players
We need your help! The end-of-season event for the elementary school team is scheduled for November 16 at 5:00 p.m. in the Chelsea Piers Squash Area, and we need 8-10 DHS mentors to work with kids (ages 5-11) on court.
Volunteer - Court Assignments
- November 16 in the Chelsea Piers Squash Area
- Arrive at 4:45 p.m. for breifing and name tag
- Up-and-down Match Play 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- 6:00-7:00 Join the team for an informal dinner (Optional)
- Wear your Darien Squash Shirt
- Volunteers are in court with the players; Floaters are assiting players when moving up and down courts
||Schuyler Coughlin (11th grade)
||Quincy Balanoff (11th grade)
|Henry Sparkman (11th grade)
|Alexandra Cornacchia (12th grade)
|Christopher Berardino (12th grade)
|Sophie Cortellesi (12th grade)
|Mac Ballentine (12th grade)
|Octavia Molkenthin (11th grade)
||MacKenzie O'Shea (10th grade)
|Sophie Napolitano (9th grade)
Volunteers - Your Role
- If you have one, please wear your Darien Squash Shirt, so that players know that you play for the DHS Squash Team.
- Create a fun experience, that is fair, but allows for as many touches on the ball as possible.
- Without wasting too much match time, quickly communicate and demonstrate to the players when a rule is broken, so they learn.
- Don’t let the rules keep the players from playing, use your discretion refereeing and scoring.
- If players can’t serve and return, you can modify the rules slightly for both players to maximize touches on the ball.